Thursday 1 January 2015

Tunic Style Top

I was given a small amount of this beautiful black and gold fabric and came up with this pattern.
N.B. The top in the  tutorial is approximately a UK size 10
Image
I cut the fabric into a trapezium shape with the top horizontal side measuring 54cm and the bottom horizontal side measuring 70cm
Image
I then hemmed all sides of the fabric until it measured as below
Image
The next step was to stitch up the sides of the top, I stitched up 37cm from the bottom hem.
Image
After the sides were stitched up, its time to create the neckline.
I copied the neckline, off of  a dress, by tracing the shape.
IMG_1533IMG_1534
I then cut the neckline template, removing 1 cm from the curved edges, to create a seam allowance.
Then I cut away the neckline and hemmed.
IMG_1536 IMG_1537
All done!
I hope you found some inspiration from this and you can make use of that strange shaped fabric remnant you've been holding on to!

Em

No comments:

Post a Comment